The original Inland House was built in 1879, by Merritt Blackmer, it consisted of five guest rooms. It was purchased by David Hastings in 1908 and renamed the Conway Inn. He enlarged it to 3 stories and added an eight stall boathouse. Flowing Artesian wells flowed so strong that the third story had running water in each room. In 1914 Homer Trask purchased the hotel and named it the Inland House. In 2002, The Inland House sold rooms as efficiency condominiums, and an addition to The Inland House of 15 one and two bedroom condominiums in a three story structure added in 2003.